You don’t have to be technical to understand the benefits of the BUMI (Backup My Info!) service. Our service runs in the background, your data is protected, we look after you, and you don’t have to worry about a thing! Nice, isn’t it?
If you do want to know exactly how our state of the art software works to backup your valuable data, the chart and description below should give you a basic understanding of the process. For more detailed technical information, please feel free to call us!
- The BUMI software is agentless and only needs to be installed on one server in your network. It does not require dedicated hardware and can be installed alongside other applications.
- When your scheduled data backup begins, data is transferred within your own network to the server installed with the BUMI software.
- When the data reaches this server it is analyzed for any data blocks that have changed or are new since the last backup. Those data blocks are then compressed and encrypted using military-grade encryption.
- This compressed and encrypted data is then transmitted over the internet to our SAS-70 Type II secure data center located in Toronto, Canada where it will remain encrypted on NetApp storage at all times.
- Your encrypted data is then replicated to a secondary SAS-70 Type II secure data center in Vancouver, Canada also utilizing NetApp storage. This secondary data center location ensures that your data is safe and can be restored in any type of emergency.